I wish I could go outside without feeling like my life is in danger. It hasn't even been a year since my bike accident. I have successfully overcome much of the fear and trauma associated with that experience, but lucky for me my life is always interesting. I stopped at a crosswalk after leaving my research yesterday. I noticed a group of kids that pulled up to the light in a beat up sedan. I had a thought that they might be trouble, but I figured that was me being over dramatic and I should just mind my own business. What was I afraid of, a drive-by? Maybe I should have been, sorta. The light turns green, and as I start walking when something pelts by bag. Lucky for me this was the first time I had worn a backpack in months, or else I would have been in some pain.
Looking back, I realize that they were just kids. I guess I should be glad they didn't hit me in the neck or face, and that I didn't do something irrational. What bothers me the most is that this was done intentionally. A bunch of punkass kids doing something stupid. Cowards.
No comments:
Post a Comment